It is the start of a new year and almost everyone has a new year resolution. Statistics show that only 10% of people actually stick with their new year resolutions. Now that’s just disappointing. My goal today is to speak life into anyone who is confused on where to start! You have to be disciplined and really want to hit your goals. I realize that can be hard. That is why I am here 🙂
- HAVE A PLAN
- IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL. It may seem cliche, but it is so true. Be practical and realistic with your goals. If you want to build more defined arms, what will you actually do to get that definition? Make a clear plan, grab a journal, and write out your weekly schedule.
- The biggest mistake a lot of people (including myself) make when attempting to achieve a goal is not having a plan. I’ve hear women say ” Yea, I’ve been trying to loose my stomach and keep my butt” But when I ask them how they have been “trying” the answer seems to be all over the place. The plan needs to be clear. If you know you work your second job on Tuesdays and you have a thousand other responsibilities; maybe Tuesday should be your rest day. Your goal shouldn’t be lift everyday… (see where I am going with this)
- Think about the actions it take to become fit and healthy. Healthy eating habits and exercising are two actions. Plan your workouts 3-5 days out the week and your meals. (definitely your meals)
2. BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOURSELF AND HAVE A GROUP
- People always tend to tell me I am a great accountability partner, but to me it is such a lifestyle that it comes naturally. I enjoy the gym and if I can encourage anyone to live a healthy life then I did my job. My friends and I tag each other on social media to hold one another accountable and it really helps on the days you don’t have the motivation. Motivation wears off, discipline is a lifestyle. I have 3 different workout groups and they will call me OUT if they do not see me in the gym. (Usually I just forgot to tag everyone)
3. TALK ABOUT IT
- Don’t keep your resolution a secret. Tell friends and family members who will be there to support your resolve to change yourself for the better or improve your health.
4. GET EXCITED ABOUT TRACKING YOUR PROGRESS
- Keep track of each small success. Short-term goals are easier to keep, and each small accomplishment will help keep you motivated and wanting more. Instead of focusing on losing 30 pounds, focus on losing the first five. Trust me you will love looking at yourself in the mirror and then looking at a old picture like “girl I think my butt getting big” (that is a nelly- hot in here reference I hope yall got it *rolls eyes*) lol
5. DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP
- Everyone slips up! Everyone! & I’m here to tell you the best thing you can do is get back on track. Crying over your slip up won’t get you any further towards your goals baby! Accept it and KEEP PUSHING!!!
IN CLOSING, MOVEMENT IS MEDICINE! THIS MEANS PUSH TOWARDS YOUR GOALS AND DON’T STOP. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD SUPPORT SYSTEM. NO ONE CAN GET THE RESULTS FOR YOU. ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DO THAT! UNTIL NEXT TIME